Our Young Adult Carer Service is here for you.
- Delivering food parcels and hot meals door step visits
- Online 1-1 meetings and assessments
- Safe and well checks
- Information about ‘What if’ plans
- Clarification on shielding and supporting those with underlying health conditions
- Information regarding supermarket initiative shopping times and venues
Hints and Tips for Carers:
- Self-isolate if unwell
- Limit the amount of negative news you consume relating to virus; instead watch positive, educational or fun content
- Revisit hobbies and interests like music or exercise
- Play board games and quizzes to pass the time
Are you aged 16-25?
Do you care for someone with a disability, illness or addiction?
The YMCA Sutton Coldfield Upbeat Project offers free, tailored support services for Young Adult Carers like you.
From support groups and weekly drop-in sessions to individual life coaching, we can support you and your family and help you to achieve your goals.
Knowing I have someone to talk to on a day-to-day basis is really important. If I took my problems home, it would make things worse for my Mum.
Robin, Young Adult Carer
HOW WE CAN HELP
The Release Upbeat Project can support you in areas such as personal development and self-esteem as well as providing access to flexible respite opportunities to combine education, training or employment with a caring role.
We aim to empower you and your family and support you with current and future aspirations. Our support services include:
- 1-2-1 support and Life Coaching sessions delivered by a qualified Life Coach
- Full statutory Carer assessment
- Wellbeing assessment
- Online training opportunities
- Flexible family crisis support sessions
- CV writing, employment opportunities and workshops to improve skills
- Food parcel service to those experiencing financial difficulties
- Weekly drop-in sessions regular and informal drop-in sessions at a local coffee shop where carers can talk about issues and concerns
- Group workshops
- Opportunities for respite events and residential trips where they get the chance to socialise outside of their caring roles, meeting other young adult carers as well as gaining new experiences along the way.
Weekly Drop In Service
Call in for a coffee and a chat or for just for some moral support
Where: Coffee #1, Sutton Coldfield
When: Tuesdays, 1-3pm
Monthly College Drop-in Service
Where: College Foyer, 11.30am – 1pm
BMET Sutton Coldfield College: 3rd Thurs of the month
Solihull College, Woodlands Campus: 2nd Weds of the month
South & City College, Digbeth: 1st Weds of the month
YOU’RE NOT ALONE
It’s common for Young Adult Carers to feel depressed, isolated or unsupported. We want you to know that you’re not alone.