YMCA Sutton Coldfield is a vibrant and inclusive place to work, offering opportunities for staff to grow and develop in a supportive environment. Everyone who works for us contributes hugely to improving the prospects for vulnerable children and young people in the Sutton Coldfield community.
As a federated member of an international organisation, working for a local YMCA gives you the benefits of working for a small, community based organisation within a national and global network.
As a charity that helps young people, much of our work is focussed on youth work and we are always looking for motivated, positive and creative youth workers to join our team.
We also have a range of other functions from disability support, to finance, marketing and administrative roles.
I absolutely love working at the YMCA Sutton Coldfield. My role is extremely varied and rewarding and there are always new and exciting projects to get involved in. The staff team are passionate and inclusive and management are supportive and flexible. Above all, I feel that I’m contributing to a worthwhile cause, helping children and young people in need in our community
Anita, Marketing Manager
We’re a small but passionate team and our sole purpose is to help young people and families in need in the local community.
Our work ranges from traditional youth work, engaging with hard-to-reach young people, to supporting young carers, to helping families with disabled children, to providing accommodation to prevent youth homelessness.
Whatever your role, you will be helping us to transform the lives of disadvantaged young people in a supportive and flexible environment.
Professional and Personal Development
Training and development is very important to us and we aim to give as many opportunities for professional and personal development as we can. From life-coaching courses, to regular safeguarding training and opportunities for youth work qualifications, we will support you to develop in your role.
Benefits and rewards
- 24 days annual leave as standard. This increases to 28 days after 5 years’ service and then to 30 days after 10 years.
- Reduced rate childcare for children aged 5 – 11 years during school holidays at our in-house Holiday Club
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Childcare voucher scheme available (for existing members of the scheme)
- International travel opportunities. Previous opportunities have included a youth exchange to Israel & Palestine, skiing residential with young carers to France, camping trips in Cornwall, staff residentials in the Peak District and attendance at the YMCA World Change Agent Programme in Portugal
- Opportunity to be part of the YMCA National Youth Ambassadors Programme
Volunteer with us
We’re always looking for more volunteers to help deliver our services to young people or to help with fundraising.