Are you aged 5 – 18?
Do you live with a family member with a disability or illness?
Does someone in your household have a drug or alcohol addiction?
Do you worry about how a family member is coping when you aren’t with them?
Do you sometimes miss school or turn up late because you have to help a sibling or parent before you leave the house?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are not alone. We can support you and your family through our Release Young Carers Project.
I joined Release and for the first time, I actually had friends I could play with and talk to. People who were just like me!
Amy, Young Carer
Our services and support:
- Intensive and tailored family support
- Regular respite at our weekly youth clubs and the chance to meet other Young Carers
- Fun and exciting day trips and activities
- Residential respite breaks e.g. skiing and camping trips
- Confidential 1:1 support and life coaching
- Confidence building
- School support and drop-in sessions
- Awareness raising workshops / assemblies
- Signposting to other resources and organisations
- Gaming (Xbox, Wii, Playstation)
- Group workshops
- 1-2-1 life coaching
- Cooking sessions
- Meeting other Young Carers
- Day trips
- Snacks / drinks