Here at the YMCA Sutton Coldfield, our youth work programme engages with young people in order to promote confidence and self-esteem and to help young people achieve. We support and encourage young people to reflect on their values and make informed decisions about their lives and the communities that they are part of.
By coming along to a YMCA, a young person can become part of an inclusive community; that’s our youth-minded community approach.
We tailor our services to meet the needs of young people in different areas of North and East Birmingham with a range of different programmes and locations to help young people fulfill their full potential, whatever their faith, culture or background.
Triple A Project
Triple A stands for Aspiration, Ambition and Achievement, 3 values which underpin our youth work. The aim of the project is to raise the aspirations of young people aged 9-16 years old, increase their ambition and help them to achieve their goals. Through this work, we hope to support and develop young people in fulfilling their dreams and becoming active members of the community. Our work includes:
- Centre-based youth clubs and youth work
- Detached youth work
- Virtual Youth Clubs
- Life coaching
- Family Work
- Issue-based workshops
- Educational workshops
- Where: Fosseway (pick-up available from Conker Island park)
- When: Wednesdays 5:15pm-7:30pm
Detached Youth Work
- Where: Kingstanding
- When: Fridays 3:30pm-5:30pm and Saturdays 10am-12pm
- Where: Fosseway (pick-up available from Falcon Lodge Community Centre)
- When: Thursdays 6pm-8pm
Detached Youth Work
- Where: Falcon Lodge
- When: Mondays and Tuesdays 3:30pm-5:30pm
How you can help
If you are a local business or organisation who would like to support our youth work programmes, we would love to hear from you. In order for our Triple A project to thrive, we need the following support from local businesses in the North of Birmingham:
- Work experience opportunities
- Educational workshops about the work you do
- Sponsorship of an individual in your community to help fund clothing for an interview or a bus pass etc.